Table of Contents
- 1 Why make THC Edibles/Weed Gummies?
- 2 How to Make THC Edibles/Weed Gummies
- 3 How many THC Edibles/Weed gummies should you eat?
- 4 Best THC Edibles/Weed Gummies
Wondering how to make weed gummies? There are various ways how to make THC Edibles/Weed Gummies. If you’re new to the world of making weed gummies, it can seem a little overwhelming. But fear not! The process of making these cannabis treats is actually super simple, and I’m here to show you how to do it. Today we’ll be going to walk through the entire process of making THC cannabis gummies step by step. You’ll want to bookmark this article so you can refer back when you want to whip up a batch of tasty THC treats.
Why make THC Edibles/Weed Gummies?
The act of smoking is the most well-known method to consume cannabis– and for legitimate reasons. It’s simple, enjoyable, and more or less all the time; it’s effective every time. However, comparing smoking marijuana and eating food is similar to the comparison between water Polo and synchronized swimming. Both are played in pools and are excellent ways to spend the day, but they’re completely different games.
If you are eating a food, the high you get from eating them could be distinct when compared to smoking. It’s an intense experience that can cause tingling throughout the entire body, resulting in the sensation of a joyful, energetic, almost euphoric state that will keep you hooked to the sofa or watching the TV’s screensaver for long periods of time. Since they take more than an hour to kick in, and the effect may last for a few hours.
How to Make THC Edibles/Weed Gummies
THC Edibles/Weed Gummies Recipe with Water-Soluble Cannabis Powder
Makes 20 x 1/2-tsp candies
Preparation: 10 min; total 30 min
- 1 x 85-g pack of Jell-O powder (any flavour or a combination of flavours)
- 2 x 7-g packets of unflavoured gelatin powder, like Knox (2 Tbsp)
- 5 Tbsp hot water
- Extract or water-soluble cannabis powder (utilize 10 mg of THC in a package with dissolvable powder for THC)
- 1/2 teaspoon citric acid (optional to use if you wish to make sweet gummies)
- Silicone candy moulds for making candy, or a container of cornstarch
- Mix gelatin, Jell-O powder and hot water inside a measuring cup that is microwave-safe (or a microwave-safe bowl that has a spill). Stir until combined.
- Microwave at 10-sec. in increments till the mix begins to foam. (Checking periodically will keep the mixture from overflowing.)
- After it has foamed (you’ll observe it rise and drop within the cup), Stir until the gelatin has dissolved and the mixture is clear. It’ll be hot. Stir in the cannabis extract or powder and the acid citric until it dissolves.
- Make sure to pour the hot mixture into silicone moulds evenly. Make sure to freeze until the mixture is firm enough to break it out within 20 minutes. It is possible to eat them immediately or set the gummies onto an air-tight cooling rack and chill them to be firm overnight.
- Refrigerate, store, and then put in a tightly sealed container for up to two weeks or freeze for up to a month.
- Calculate dosage per gummy. (we used 10 mg of THC and made 20 candies meaning that each gummy is 0.5 mg of THC.)
THC Gummy Recipe With Corn Syrup
- Silicone Square Candy Mold
- Silicone Gummy Bear Candy Mold
- Silicone Cannabis Leaf Mold
- Silicone Squeeze Bottle or Candy “dropper pipettes” (or whatever you find that works to fill the cavities)
- Spray cooking oil
- Cups and spoons for measuring
- Spatulas made of silicone rubber
- This cannabis gummy recipe yields 120 bears or 96 square pieces.
- 2 Tbsp. Bulk Unflavored Knox Gelatin or 2 envelopes
- 1 Small box 3oz.- (4 servings) or ½ cup bulk Flavor of your choice Jello
- ½ Cup of water
- 2 Tablespoons Corn Syrup
- 1 Dram LorAnn Oil of your choice to compliment the Jello flavour
- 1- tsp Sunflower Lecithin or Soy Lecithin
- ¼ cup or desired amount of decarboxylated prepared cannabis oil
1. In a small to medium saucepan, combine unflavored gelatin and water. Using a spoon or a silicone rubber scraper, stir to combine. Allow for a 5-minute rest to allow the gelatin to bloom.
2. While the gelatin “blooms,” combine 1 tsp lecithin with 1/4 cup of cannabis-infused oil. Warm the mixture to aid emulsification. To accomplish this step, I use a mug warmer. You’ll need to stir vigorously!
3. Incorporate the flavoured jello and corn syrup. Depending on your stove, set the burner to low to medium-low. Stir constantly to heat the mixture and ensure that all of the ingredients are well combined. Do not allow it to boil.
4. When your mixture appears to be well combined, turn off the stove burner and add the entire 1-dram bottle of LorAnn Oil. Stir thoroughly. (Work quickly in order to keep the mixture hot enough to pour into the moulds.) Keeping the pan on the turned-off heating element will help)
5. Stir in your cannabis oil mixture until you’re confident it’s incorporated as evenly as possible. Although many recipes advise against using a whisk to create foamy bubbles, I find that it is necessary to get the cannabis oils to mix in. Depending on the amount of cannabis oil used, mixing can take 5-10 minutes. If my mixture becomes too cool, I briefly warm it up in the pan on low heat.
6. Place your silicone moulds on a cookie sheet or tray. If your moulds are brand new, thoroughly wash and dry them before use. Spray the moulds lightly with a neutral cooking spray, such as coconut oil, to condition them. Using a lint-free towel, remove any excess oil. Avoid overspray. Fill your moulds quickly with a dropper or silicone squeeze bottle. Count the number of pieces your batch produced. You’ll need this number to calculate the potency of your edible.
7. Place your moulds in the refrigerator until they are firm enough to be moved. I’ve also put them in the freezer without incident. The trays may be required to keep them level and prevent spills.
8. “Pop the squares out” when the candy is firm and ready. I always work on top of a silicone mat. You can now choose to add an extra step of air drying to improve texture. (See notes on air drying.) I always skip this step and am still pleased with the results. If you skip the air-drying process and the pieces seem to stick together a little, you can lightly spray them with oil. Hold the coconut oil spray 10-12 inches above your head and spritz quickly. Alternatively, spray your hands and toss the pieces around lightly.
9. Put your gummies in an airtight container or bag and label them. Long-term storage of cannabis in the refrigerator or freezer will preserve its integrity and prevent mould. Label clearly with warnings and, if known, dosage. These medical cannabis labels are what I use.
10. To determine the approximate strength of each, divide the strength or milligrams of cannabis by the number of pieces. I cannot emphasize how important it is to package and label your candy with warnings that it contains the medication. Keep away from children and unsuspecting adults.
11. Begin slowly and gradually! The general rule for medicated edibles is, to begin with, a very low dose of THC and gradually increase it until you know the effect. Edibles can take up to 3 hours to reach their peak in some people. Learn to understand your body and your dose. Everyone has a unique endocannabinoid system. Some prefer 2mg, while others feel nothing after 200mg. Also, keep in mind that DIY gummies are not uniform in size or dosage.
How to Make Gummy Bears with Distillate
- Gummy candy mold made of silicone
- Bowl for mixing
- Whisk or a mixing spoon
- Glass measuring cup with a spout
- Food storage container made of glass with a lid
- For RSO gummies, 1 gram syringe of lab-tested cannabis distillate oil or RSO
- 1/4 cup cane or corn syrup
- 3 oz. flavoured Jello (pineapple, lemon, lime, and other citrus flavours will interfere with your weed gummies)
- 5 oz. plain conventional or vegan gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 cup lukewarm water
1. Dip the 1-gram syringe into a cup of lukewarm water (this will help it dissolve into your mixture later).
2. Combine 1/4 cup cane syrup (or corn syrup) and 1/2 cup cold water in a mixing bowl. Mix the liquid until it is a light clear amber colour.
3. Stir in 3 oz. flavoured Jello and .5 oz. preferred gelatin. Mix until smooth and free of lumps.
4. Put your ganja gummies mold somewhere you can easily fill it (later).
5. Pour the contents of your mixing bowl into a saucepan, heat over low heat, and stir the mixture continuously for 10 minutes. Take care not to overheat the liquid.
6. Turn off the heat, remove your 1-gram syringe from the cup of lukewarm water, and quickly pour the contents of the syringe into your saucepan while stirring constantly. Stir until thoroughly combined.
7. Transfer the liquid from the saucepan to the glass measuring cup with care.
8. Align the spout of your glass measuring cup with an empty bear mold, fill the mold, and repeat until the liquid runs out.
9. Place your molds in the refrigerator and leave overnight to firm up the weed gummies.
10. Remove weed gummies from mold, place them in a glass food storage container, refrigerate for two weeks, and consume within two weeks for maximum potency.
Making THC Gummies with BHO
- A bowl of water
- An empty bowl
- One tray of gummy molds
- One freezer bag
- Dried whole seaweed (optional if using gelatin instead of Agar)
- 900mg BHO oil
- 1/4 cup sour sugar
- 1/3 cup of cherry-flavoured sugar (or another sweetener of your choice)
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of unflavored gelatin or agar seaweed powder
Note: Non-vegans can substitute gelatin for seaweed. It is an odourless substance with a subtle flavour profile.
- Begin by soaking the dried seaweed in a bowl of water and setting it aside.
- In the other bowl, combine the agar seaweed powder and water thoroughly.
- After 5 minutes, remove the seaweed and add it to the water and powder mixture.
- Microwave the resulting mixture for 1-2 minutes, or until it foams.
- Take out the dried seaweed.
- Add the cherry-flavoured sugar or sweetener of your choice. Stir it in thoroughly.
- Mix the BHO extract into the existing mixture until it is well absorbed.
- Microwave for another 1-2 minutes, or until it foams.
- Fill the mould with the solution and place it in the refrigerator to cool.
- Place the gummies in a freezer bag with some sour sugar and shake well to get a zingy flavour! (Optional)
Magical Butter Gummies With Coconut Oil
- Small bowl
- Cooking Spray
- Gummy Mold
- Silicone Measuring Cups
- ⅛ oz Cannabis flowers (10 – 12 grams ABV/ Rosin Chips)
- ½ tsp Sunflower/ Soy Lecithin
- ¼ cup Coconut Oil
- ½ cup Water
- 1 oz Unflavored Gelatin
- 1 pack 6 oz Jello (any flavour)
- Decarb Cannabis by grinding, manicuring, and decarboxylating cannabis in an oven-safe dish for 25 minutes at 250° F.
- Infuse Oil by combining the decarbed cannabis, crumbled rosin chips (if using), sunflower (or soy) lecithin, and coconut oil in an oven-safe container. Cover, place in a water bath, and place in a 250° F oven for 2 hours. (Halfway through, remove and stir.)
- Allow the oil to cool for a few minutes before straining it through a fine mesh strainer or filter. Extract the oil from the cannabis. 1/4 cup is needed for the recipe.
- Create Gummies by bringing the water and infused oil to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat, whisking constantly.
- Continue whisking while adding each container of unflavored gelatin one at a time.
- Stir in the flavoured gelatin for about 5 minutes before bringing it to a rolling boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and coat the molds with cooking spray. Using a dropper or spoon, fill each mold all the way to the top. Stir your mixture on a regular basis.
- To firm up the molds, place them in the freezer for 20 minutes or in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Unmold the candies and serve immediately, or store them in airtight containers at room temperature for 2 – 3 days. Freeze for longer storage.
Lēvo Edible Gummy Recipe
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup infused coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp lecithin (liquid or powder, any type is OK!)
- Four 1/4 oz packets of unflavored gelatin
- 6 oz flavoured gelatin
- Follow the Basic LEVO Coconut Oil Infusion recipe to get a head start by infusing cannabinoid-rich flowers with coconut oil using your LEVO machine.
- This recipe calls for 1/4 cup infused coconut oil.
- Prepare your work area and gummy molds before you begin. Spray your gummy molds with nonstick cooking spray and place them on a cookie sheet (for easy transport). I used coconut oil spray, which hardens and absorbs (and does not leave a wet & oily coating over the gummies as canola oil spray did). I also combined the four gelatin packets in a small bowl, opened the flavoured gelatin ahead of time, and placed it near the stove for faster and easier mixing. Place your syringes/dispensers and whisk within easy reach as well.
- Bring the water, infused coconut oil, and lecithin to medium heat in a small saucepan and whisk until fully combined (see photo below). Increase the heat to medium-high once the mixture begins to bubble. Slowly drizzle in the unflavored gelatin while whisking constantly. Continue whisking!!! Once the unflavored gelatin has been incorporated, whisk in all of the flavoured gelatin. Whisk together for about 1 minute on medium-high heat, or until fully combined and smooth.
- Reduce the heat source to low while continuing to whisk. The mixture should be bubbling but not boiling. Fill your molds as quickly as possible. Stir the mixture occasionally to recombine. Because the mixture will thicken as the gelatin sets, you only have a few minutes to fill the molds.
- Once the mixture has been used up, place the molds in the freezer or refrigerator for about 20 minutes to an hour to allow the gummies to harden. When completely set, remove from the molds and place in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
How many THC Edibles/Weed gummies should you eat?
The amount of cannabis you take is contingent on various variables, including your previous experience with edibles, your tolerance level, the quality of the cannabis taken, and the desired effect. The best way to go, particularly with homemade edibles that might have less precision than prepared ones you buy from the store, should be, begin with a small dose and make sure to take your time and observe what happens.
It’s best to be wary and take even a quarter of a gummy for the first time to determine how potent the initial batch of gummies is.
If you’re seeking an approximate estimation of how potent the gummies will be, take into consideration how powerful the oil you chose to use is.
Best THC Edibles/Weed Gummies
If you’re unsure how to get cannabis edibles, you’re in luck! There are many options out there, but we’ve got some great recommendations for THC edibles that are delicious and affordable, and If you don’t have enough time to prepare for these, you may order THC edibles online! Here are some of our bests THC edibles available, click here to view the full list!
500MG THC Edibles
- BuudaBomb Lychee Passionfruit 500mg
- BuudaBomb Mango Guava Gummies 500mg
- Skittles 400mg
300 MG THC Edibles
- BuudaBomb Himalayan Salt Dark Chocolate 300mg
250 MG THC Edibles
- BuudaBomb Watermelon Blast Gummies 250mg
- BuudaBomb Pineapple Thunder Gummies 250mg
- BuudaBomb Rippin Red Raspberries Gummies 250mg
100 MG THC Edibles
- BuudaBomb Grape Gummies 100mg
- BuudaBomb Mango Gummies 100mg
- BuudaBomb Blue Raspberry Gummies 100mg
- BuudaBomb Strawberry Gummies 100mg
- BuudaBomb Green Apple Gummies 100mg
How Much are THC Edibles/Weed Gummies?
Some candies start at $15. High-end food items can cost around $50, depending on the qualities and the ingredients.
Where to buy THC Edibles/Weed Gummies online?
You can buy THC Edibles/Weed Gummies online with same-day delivery at imperialbud.ca
How long will THC Edibles/Weed Gummies make you stay high?
THC Edibles/Weed Gummies affect everyone differently, but users can anticipate that they will remain within their bodies for 3-12 days.
How long do Weed Gummies last?
THC Edibles/Weed Gummies can last and remain high for up to 3-6 months after they’re created, provided you keep the proper storage. After that, it may become stale, and the THC might begin to diminish.
Shop Weed Edibles for THC Infused Products Near You. (n.d.). Leafly. Retrieved November 10, 2022, from https://www.leafly.com/products/edibles
Ngo, I. (2022, September 27). How to Make Weed Gummies | Chatelaine. Chatelaine. https://www.chatelaine.com/food/how-to/how-to-make-weed-gummies/
How Long Do Edibles Stay in Your System? (2020, October 19). Sprout Health Group. https://www.sprouthealthgroup.com/substances/how-long-do-edibles-stay-in-your-system/
Drug Alert: Marijuana Edibles | Just Think Twice. (n.d.). Www.justthinktwice.gov. https://www.justthinktwice.gov/article/drug-alert-marijuana-edibles
Cannabis edible. (2022, November 6). Wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_edible
Debutify. (2021, June 30). Edible Gummies Recipe | LĒVO. LEVO Oil Infusion, Inc. https://levooil.com/blogs/recipes/edible-gummies
How To Make THC Gummies. (n.d.). Jointlybetter.com. Retrieved November 17, 2022, from https://jointlybetter.com/magazine/article/how-to-make-weed-gummies
Mogk, R. (2019, May 13). How to Make Cannabis-Infused Gummy Bears. The Cannabis School. https://www.thecannaschool.ca/how-to-make-weed-gummy-bears/