Prep time 30m
Cooking time 40m
A simple recipe to extract any cannabinoid of your choice. We love honey as a staple ingredient for our pantry. Not only is it super simple to make, it’s even easier to use. Baking, beverage sweetener and even a drop on the tongue.
- Hardware / Tools
- Sheet pan and parchment
- Strainer or cheesecloth
- Bowl or large measuring cup
- Jar or bowl to store the coconut oil
- Grinder (a simple hand grinder works best)
- Double-boiler, slow cooker, saucepan, etc.
- 1 cup of ground cannabis flower (or less for milder potency)
- 1 cup organic honey
- Preheat oven to 240°F. Place the cannabis on your baking sheet and spread evenly. If you have large flowers, break them by hand to smaller pieces.
- Cover with parchment and place in oven for 35-45 minutes. Make sure to mix every 10 minutes while it bakes.
- Grind the cannabis to a medium/fine course. It’s ok to use entire plant, just the flower, a little bit of both. Anything small enough to fit through the strainer will end up in your product so be careful grinding.
- Combine the cannabis and honey in a double boiler to apply gentle heat on the stove top.
- Add cannabis and simmer.Add in your coarsely ground cannabis product. Maintain low heat (between 160ºF and – never exceeding – 200ºF) and let the ingredients simmer for 2 to 3 hours, mixing occasionally. Do not boil.
- Strain and storethe Honey. Set the funnel on top of a jar and line it with cheesecloth. Pour the honey (once cooled) over the cheesecloth funnel and allow it to strain freely. Honey is thick, so take your time.